17 June 2010

Joining the Blogosphere

I know, I know. As stated on Despair.com concerning blogs: Never before have so many said so little to so few. So why bother? Partly to try and keep my thoughts organized and assembled in one place (as opposed to the numerous journals/notebooks system currently in place), and perhaps provide a venue for my like-minded friends to share experiences and ideas. Also, I’d like to see if I can do it consistently over a period of time. Most importantly it’s something my wife is currently encouraging. So here we go.
First, a bit of information that is important to anyone who might be reading this: I’m a whiskey fan, nothing more, nothing less. Not an expert, not an aficionado, nor a professional. Just a fan. Granted, I do read a lot of books on whiskey and subscribe to a number of whiskey-centered periodicals, but in the end I’m nothing more than a fan of the spirit.
So currently my plan is to share my experiences as a whiskey fan living in Charlotte. These posts will not emphasize tasting notes (although they will in all likelihood make appearances from time to time), but instead center on the various locales in the Carolinas in which whiskeys are served and/or purchased. It will in fact be incredibly Charlotte-centric, but I’ll try to include other areas of the Carolinas and beyond as my time/budget allows. I hope you all enjoy it.
Salud.

2 comments:

  1. Weird, had to delete my previous comment. Does this blog come with free samples? I can't seem to find the link for them. I'm gonna rob your cellar, so I hope Cricket is a good guard dog for your sake. Good luck with the blog.
    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Mr. Whisk(e)y,
    I am excited to learn from you, more than I already have. Looking forward to every post.

    Q.

    ReplyDelete